Creating a campaign is a job for only a few minutes. In this article you will find out how to set the name of the sender, the content as well as the structure.
If you've also just started using our app and are creating your first campaign, you'll need to verify your own sending domain before submitting a campaign. You will find the instructions here.
1. In the "Campaigns" section, click on +New campaign button.
3. Select a contact list, a combination of contact lists, or a segment to which the campaign should be sent.
4. In the settings, fill in the basic data, such as the subject, the name of the sender and the email for replies (it will not be visible to the recipients, it is only used for their potential replies).
TIP: The sender's name should not exceed 18 letters (because a longer text is not visible in some email clients).
Concerning the text of the subject, there is:
max. recommended length of 55 characters for a standard text subject
max. recommended length of 50 characters when using 1x emoji
max. recommended length of 45 characters when using a salutation
In general, a phone notification will show up to about 35 characters of the subject (depending on the size of the display), then it ends with three dots.
5. In the next step, you'll set up the campaign content.
You can use one of the Recently used templates.
In the Saved tab you will find templates from the "Templates" section of your account.
The next tab From Campaigns contains all templates from already submitted campaigns.
You can create a New interactive template from one of the ready-made templates using our Drag & Drop editor.
Alternatively, in the last tab you can use your own HTML code, either by pasting the code or uploading a ZIP archive.
6. Once you've selected a template, the app will automatically bring you to the builder where you can adjust the content of the current template copy. Depending on the selected template, it will be either an interactive builder or a source code editor. In this step, you can also view a simple preview of the display of the campaign on a computer as well as on a mobile.
When you are satisfied with the template, click on "Save and Close".
You will be then returned to editing the "content" (step 3) and under the preview of the selected/modified template you will also find information about its size. Generally speaking, the size of the template should be max. around 100KB. Larger templates will be automatically shortened by email clients (ie. you won't see the entire content until you click on "view full message"), which may dissuade some readers or increase chances of unsubscribing.
In the same step, there is an option to insert an attachment up to 5 MB in size.
In general, however, we do not recommend using attachments. The attachment will automatically increase the size of your email, which may affect its delivery rate, and at the same time it is not possible to measure its open rate. In addition, most users are not even used to opening them.
If you want to redirect the subscriber to an additional content, we recommend inserting the content, eg. on a landing page and linking the page in the campaign.
7. In the "Testing" section, you can send a test email of your campaign to your own email address. If your email is personalized, you can easily test merge tags, too. For example, if there is a merge tag *|NAME|* in the template, you can choose a random value (the application will randomly select a contact from the list to which the campaign is sent) or enter your own value. The application also notifies you if merge tags are not used correctly (eg if you use a merge tag for preferences but they do not exist in the contact list, or if you accidentally use merge tags intended only for automations).
8. In the same step, you can also perform a spam test. This is to help you test the content of your newsletter and let you know if your email passes spam filters and will not be bounced by email clients.
9. In the last step, check that your campaign matches your input or that its size meets the general reccomendation. You can also choose between submitting your campaign immediately or scheduling its sending for later. After that, click the Send campaign button.
All you have to do next is to confirm that you indeed want to send the campaign in the window that pops up.
TIP: If you created a template directly while submitting a campaign and you want to include the template among others in the "Templates" section (for example, to use it in Automations), simply save the template from the campaign.
In the campaigns overview, click the arrow next to the "Show results" text and a menu will drop down with a "Save email to templates" option.
If you have any further questions regarding campaigns in Ecomail, you can contact us at email@example.com