You can find out what a domain is and why it needs to be verified in this article. It also shows the difference between the second and third order domain (subdomain). To verify a bounce domain (third-order domain) using a CNAME record, continue to this article.
The SPF * record (TXT) record no longer needs to be verified in the hosting. According to the new settings of our sending server, its completion and verification is done automatically by us. Therefore, if you are verifying a 2nd order domain (eg domain.com), it is sufficient to set only the DKIM record in the hosting. After verifying it, your domain fully complies with the requirements of email clients and the principles of good delivery.
* The SPF record serves as a defense against spam and phishing, as it verifies whether the sender's server is authorized to send emails on behalf of the domain. Its settings confirm the legitimacy of the sent email.
How do I verify a domain using a DKIM record?
Log in to your web hosting, or where your domain has its name servers saved and where this record is being edited.
---> not sure where it is? It doesn't matter -> the https://who.is/ registry will be used for this, where this information can be viewed:
2. Select the domain you want to verify and select the option to edit DNS records
3. Add a new text (TXT) record, specifically DKIM, as follows:
v=DKIM1; k=rsa; h=sha256; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC0diuxLOeJJuRRu6v4Xnau70JIEEFGnkiiu6PK3i+1pGKyoLOyJFzk+Ah8zRoujJSzv95nxtDYERVpGxfgu+JXkV3ZDJucMkd/SxKIQ8pJ0Uk1MKKkUFnYgvOxW5Umq8VNpstZZfjhCRcYgb1Iw+oFabBbfShIM98yuaN7Q7KKcQIDAQAB
4. Do not forget to save the changes.
5. A DNS record is now added in your hosting. The change should take effect within 48 hours. You can check the status of domain verification in your account in the Domains section by clicking on the "Check domain settings" button:
Tip: If you are unsure, enter your domain in the "Domains" section in your Ecomail account. The application will show you what value you need to set in your hosting.
Improve your delivery even further with a tracking domain.
The application reports that the domain is not verified. At the same time, I have verified it.
If you see a notification before you submit a campaign, that your domain is not verified, and the domain is lit as authenticated in the Domains section, make sure you are sending from that domain in your campaign settings. Is there a typo in the domain? Not using an email with another domain that is not verified in your account?
If so, you can verify the domain by following the steps above.
Or send from an already verified domain.
I do not have my own domain, what about that?
You can set up your own domain at one of the many webhostings such as Wedos, Hostinger and others.
If you have any further questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org